Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
KNIGHT IT GROUP LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- 1.1.In these Terms and Conditions unless the context requires otherwise, the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
“Business Day” means a day other than Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business;
“Change Request Form” means the form of KIG on which a written request can be made to change, vary or request additional Services, Products or the Specification and/or the SLA;
“Change Control Procedure” means the mechanism for agreeing any and all changes under or in connection with any Contract;
“Charges” means the charges payable in respect of the Services and/or Products, as specified in the Contract Details;
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 10;
“Contract” means the contract between KIG and the Customer for the supply of the Products and/or Services in accordance with the Contract Details and these Conditions;
“Contract Details” means the details of the Contract as contained on the cover sheet at the beginning of this document;
“Customer” means the person or firm who purchases the Products and/or Services from KIG, as specified in the Contract Details;
“Customer Contact” means those persons identified in the Contract Details as the Customer contact for each Contract and with whom the Change Control Procedures will be dealt;
“Data Protection Laws” means up to but excluding 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998 and thereafter:
unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then
any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998, and “data controller”, “data processor”, “personal data” and “data subject” shall each have the meanings as defined in the Data Protection Laws;
“Force Majeure Event” means an event beyond the reasonable control of KIG including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of KIG or any other party), failure of a utility service, internet service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors;
“Hardware” where appropriate means the Customer’s computer hardware in respect of which Managed Services are to be provided;
“Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, trade marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world;
“Location” means that location at the Customer’s premises where Services or Products are to be supplied, as specified in the Contract Details;
“Managed Service” means KIG’s management of the Customer systems as more specifically detailed in the SLA relating thereto;
“Maintenance Agreement” means a maintenance and support agreement for the Services provided by KIG as agreed with the Customer;
“Order” means the Customer’s order for the supply of Products and/or Services;
“Product” means the products which KIG has agreed to supply under the Contract, as set out in the Contract Details;
“Quote” means any quote or proposal made by KIG for the provision of Services or supply of Products;
“Services” means those services to be performed by KIG under any Contract entered into between KIG and the Customer, as specified in the Contract Details;
“Services Start Date” means the date on which KIG shall start providing the Services to the Customer, as specified in the Contract Details;
“SLA” means the Service Level Agreements which are supplied by KIG to the Customer setting out the performance levels applying to specific Services;
“Solutions” means any software supplied or provided by KIG for the provision of a Managed Service;
“Specification” means the agreed details in respect of KIG’s Products (if any), as specified in the Contract Details;
“Term” means the duration of the Contract, as specified in the Contract Details;
“KIG” means Knight IT Group Ltd, registered in England and Wales with company number 09223745, whose registered office is at Grove House, 1 Grove Place, Bedford, MK40 3JJ;
“KIG Contact” means those persons identified in the Contract Details as the contact at KIG for each Contract and with whom the Change Control Procedures will be dealt.
- 1.2.The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- 1.3.Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and words in the plural shall include the singular.
- 1.4.A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality);
- 1.5.A reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns;
- 1.6.A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to such statute or statutory provision as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes any subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted;
- 1.7.Any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms; and
- 1.8.A reference to writing or written includes faxes and e-mails.
- Basis of Contract
- 2.1.The Order constitutes an offer by the Customer to purchase Products and/or Services in accordance with these Conditions.
- 2.2.The Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when KIG issues written acceptance of the Order at which point and on which date the Contract shall come into existence.
- 2.3.Every Contract shall be subject to these Conditions which shall govern the performance of the Services and supply of the Products to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. The Customer waives any right it might otherwise have to rely on any term endorsed upon, delivered with or contained in any documents of the Customer that is inconsistent with these Conditions.
- 2.4.No variation to the Contract shall be binding unless executed through the Change Control Procedure set out in clause 10.
- 2.5.KIG’s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Services or the Products unless confirmed by KIG in writing.
- 2.6.The Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. In entering into the Contract, the Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of KIG which is not set out in the Contract.
- 2.7.Any advice or recommendation given by KIG to the Customer or its employees or agents as to the Services to be performed, storage, application or use of the Products which is not confirmed in writing by KIG is followed or acted on entirely at the Customer’s own risk and accordingly KIG shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
- 2.8.Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price lists, acceptance of Contract Details, invoice or other documentation or information issued by KIG shall be subject to correction without notice or liability on the part of KIG.
- 2.9.Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the description and illustrations contained in the catalogues, price lists and other advertisements of KIG are accurate and current, they are issued or published for illustrative purposes only and shall not form part of the Contract and KIG shall not be liable in respect thereof.
- 3.1.Any quotation given by KIG shall not constitute an offer. Quotes will remain open for acceptance for a period of 14 days for Products and Services procured in UK pounds sterling from the date of the Quote after which they shall lapse automatically. Where it is necessary for KIG to purchase Products and/or Services in a foreign currency to fulfil the Quote then that Quote will remain open for a period of 2 days. In this event, KIG will advise the Customer as such in writing that the Quote is valid for 2 days only.
- 3.2.The Customer shall be responsible to KIG for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any Order, SLA or Specification submitted or accepted by the Customer and for giving KIG any necessary information relating to the Services and/or Products within a reasonable time to enable KIG to supply Services and Products in accordance with the terms of the Contract.
- 3.3.KIG reserves the right to make any changes (without prior notice) to the Specification, the SLA, the Products and/or the Services which are required to conform with any applicable safety, regulatory or other statutory requirement which do not materially affect the quality or performance of the Services and/or Products.
- Price and Charges
- 4.1.The charges payable by the Customer to KIG in respect of the Products and/or Services shall be the charges as set out in the Contract Details, or where no charge has been quoted (or a quoted price is no longer valid) the charges listed in KIG’s published price list current at the date of acceptance of the Order.
- 4.2.Unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Customer and KIG, all charges in respect of the Products are given by KIG on an ex works basis and where KIG agrees to deliver the Products otherwise than at KIG’s premises the Customer shall be liable to pay KIG’s charges for transport, packaging and insurance.
- 4.3.Where at the Customer’s request the Products are to be delivered by instalments, the Customer shall be liable to pay for all warehousing and insurance costs incurred by KIG in respect of the instalments of Products not yet delivered.
- 4.4.All amounts payable by the Customer under the Contract are exclusive of amounts in respect of value added tax chargeable from time to time (“VAT”). Where any taxable supply for VAT purposes is made under the Contract by KIG to the Customer, the Customer shall, on receipt of a valid VAT invoice from KIG, pay to KIG such additional amounts in respect of VAT as are chargeable on the supply of the Services and/or Products at the same time as payment is due for the supply of the Services and/or Products.
- 4.5.Price Changes
- KIG reserves the right by giving written notice to the Customer to amend the pricing of Products and/or Services to reflect any increase in price that is due to:
- 4.5.Price Changes
- any delay caused by the failure of the Customer to give KIG adequate information or instructions;
- any factor beyond the control of KIG (including foreign exchange fluctuations, increases in taxes and duties, and increases in labour, materials and other manufacturing costs); or
- any request by the Customer to change the delivery or collection date(s), quantities or types of Products and/or Services ordered or the Specification.
- 4.6.The Customer accepts that any changes to taxation (for example VAT) will be applied and imposed as legally required.
- 4.7.Additional Services and/or Products
- Where the Customer during the term of the Contract requests additional Services and/or Products which are not included in the Contract Details (and in the case of Products this is not a General Supply Contract):-
- the Customer shall request such additions using a Change Request Form in accordance with clause 10 below; and
- if KIG agrees to carry out such additions, unless the Change Request Form states otherwise, these shall be supplied at KIG’s standard price rates from time to time applying or as otherwise agreed between the parties in writing. All such additional supplies of Products and/or Services shall be subject to these Conditions.
- 5.1.In respect of the Services, unless otherwise agreed in writing, KIG shall be entitled to invoice the Customer for the performance of the Services in accordance with the Order or, where no payment terms are specified, within 30 days of the Services Start Date.
- 5.2.In respect of Products, unless otherwise agreed in writing, KIG shall be entitled to invoice the Customer for the price of the Products including any transport, packaging, warehousing and insurance costs (where applicable) prior to delivery or collection of the Products.
- 5.3.Unless otherwise provided in the Contract Details, the Customer shall pay the price in respect of the Services and/or Products as invoiced in full within 30 days from the date of KIG’s invoice. the Customer shall not be entitled to make any deduction from such payment or exercise any right of set off or contribution howsoever arising (unless confirmed by KIG in writing). The time of payment of the invoiced amounts shall be of the essence of a Contract. Receipts for payment will be issued only on request.
- 5.4.If the Customer fails to make any payment on the due date for payment then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to KIG, KIG shall be entitled to:
- cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries to the Customer of the Products or further performance of the Services;
- appropriate any payment made by the Customer to such of the Products and/or Services (or any Products or Services supplied under any other Contract between the Customer and KIG) as KIG may think fit (notwithstanding any purported appropriation by the Customer); or
- charge the Customer interest (both before and after any judgment) on the amount unpaid at the rate of 4% per annum above Santander UK base rate from time to time until payment in full is made (a part of the month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest). The Customer shall pay the interest together with the overdue amount.
- 6. Performance of the Services
- 6.1.KIG will perform the Services in accordance with the Conditions hereof and the applicable SLAs. In the event that the provision of the Services may require staff to transfer employer, then the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/246) shall apply and will be dealt with in the SLA or additional contract terms.
- 6.2.KIG will supply to the Customer in reasonable time before performance of the Services such information and assistance as may be necessary to enable the Customer to prepare the Location for the performance of Services and to provide proper environmental and operational conditions for the efficient working and maintenance of the Services. The Customer shall at its sole expense prepare the Location and provide such environmental and operational conditions prior to performance of the Services.
- 6.3.KIG shall ensure that Services are carried out by suitably qualified personnel but it cannot guarantee that specific personnel will carry out the Services for the Customer and KIG reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change the personnel engaged in providing the Services for the Customer without prior notification to the Customer.
- 6.4.Where the Services include maintenance of the Customer’s equipment there shall be excluded from such services, or an additional fee will be levied by KIG for the following:
- the provision of consumables, media and accessories or any item defined by the product manufacturer as a consumable or accessory;
- the supply and installation of patches, fixes, BIOS upgrades or other software related upgrades or modifications;
- repairs necessitated as a result of any cause other than fair wear and tear resulting from proper use of equipment in accordance with KIG’s or the manufacturer’s instructions or repairs necessitated by equipment not being in good working order when the Services are commenced;
- any modification or alteration to equipment which is the subject of maintenance services except as required to rectify a fault diagnosed by KIG or the manufacturer;
- repair or replacement of any equipment the subject of such Services if such equipment is obsolete or beyond economic repair, meaning the cost of repair is not less than 60% of the then current market value of such equipment.
- 6.5.Maintenance Services as described in an KIG ‘Maintenance Quotation’ may only be terminated after the minimum term of one (1) year by either party giving 90 days written notice.
- Customer’s Obligations
- 7.1.The Customer shall:
- when provided with a Solution, ensure that it is a bona fide licensed user of any software covered under the Contract and that it has paid all current maintenance fees;
- ensure that the terms of the Order and Specification are complete and accurate at all times;
- provide to KIG details of its Customer Contact from whom all negotiations for the Change Control Procedures or other matters pertaining to the performance of the Contract will be channelled. In the event of any change in the Customer Contact, the Customer will provide written details of a replacement as soon as reasonably practicable of a person with equivalent qualification and experience;
- where appropriate, make available to KIG’s directors, employees, agents consultants and sub-contractors such office and reasonable administrative support as may be necessary for the provision of the Services;
- ensure its employees, agents, consultants and sub-contractors co-operate fully with KIG in providing the Services;
- promptly provide KIG with such information and documents as KIG may from time to time reasonably request;
- ensure that the Hardware is installed and fully operational at all times;
- ensure that full backups and security copies of data and programmes are made at all appropriate intervals;
- provide KIG and its personnel with reasonable access to the Customer’s location during all reasonable hours to enable KIG to carry out any Services; and
- make available at no expense to KIG such suitably qualified and experienced personnel to provide information to KIG for the purposes of providing the Services.
- 7.2.Except in the case where KIG is providing a Managed Service or Maintenance Agreement, the Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that all its existing equipment used by KIG’s employees or agents is safe and KIG accepts no liability (other than for wilful damage) for loss of data, interruption of supply of electricity or telecommunications or interruption of business occasioned as a result of the supply of Services. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to take all necessary precautions to protect its data and ensure a regular backup arrangement is implemented prior to, during and after KIG’s provision of the Services.
- 7.3.If, in the reasonable opinion of KIG, it is necessary to remove or otherwise disconnect any of the Customer’s existing equipment at the Location in order to carry out the Services then the Customer shall permit and obtain all necessary consents for such removal and/or disconnection and shall give KIG all necessary assistance to enable such work to be carried out.
- 7.4.KIG shall not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by the Customer arising directly or indirectly from the Customers failure or delay to perform any of its obligations as set out in this clause 7.
- 7.5.The Customer shall indemnify KIG on written demand in respect of any and all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by KIG in connection with or arising directly or indirectly from any breach by the Customer of any of its obligations under the Contract.
- Delivery, Collection and Installation of Products
- 8.1.Where KIG is to install Products, it will supply to the Customer in reasonable time before delivery of the Products such information and assistance as may be necessary to enable the Customer to prepare the Location for installation of the Products. Any cost incurred in such preparation shall be solely borne by the Customer.
- 8.2.Where the Customer has agreed to collect the Products, delivery shall be made when the Customer collects the Products from the premises as notified in writing by KIG from time to time. Where KIG has agreed to deliver the Products, delivery shall be made when Products are unloaded at the Location.
- 8.3.Where the Customer has agreed to collect the Products, KIG shall have the Products ready for collection on the date specified in the Contract Details, or as otherwise notified in writing to the Customer. The Customer shall collect the Products from KIG within three Business Days of KIG notifying the Customer that they are ready.
- 8.4.Where KIG has agreed to deliver the Products:
- KIG shall deliver the Products to the Location or such other location as the parties may agree in writing; and
- delivery of the Products shall be completed on the Products’ arrival at the Location.
- 8.5.Any delivery or collection dates quoted to the Customer are approximate only and the time of delivery is not of the essence.
- 8.6.KIG quotes dates for the delivery of Products based upon the availability information provided by the manufacturer or distributor of the equipment. Delivery from the supplier to KIG and from KIG to the Customer is achieved by the use of various delivery agents. KIG shall not be responsible for delays caused as a result of the supplier or delivery agent failing to meet their delivery date, but in the event of such delay will make every effort with the supplier and/or delivery agent to expedite delivery.
- 8.7.KIG shall not be liable in the event that the Products do not match the quantity in the Order where the Customer fails to notify KIG of the discrepancy within seven (7) Business Days of the delivery date. If KIG is satisfied that the incorrect quantity of Products have been delivered, KIG shall at its option:
- make up any shortfall by dispatching to the Customer such Products as KIG is satisfied were not delivered; or
- allow the Customer credit in respect thereof.
- 8.8.Where Products are to be delivered in instalments, each delivery shall constitute a separate Contract, and any delay or error in delivery by KIG of any one or more of the instalments in accordance with these Conditions shall not entitle the Customer to cancel any future instalments.
- 8.9.Without prejudice to clause 8.10, KIG shall not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver the Products that is caused by:
- a Force Majeure Event; or
- the Customer’s failure to provide KIG with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Products.
- 8.10.If KIG fails to deliver the Products (or any instalment) for any reason (other than arising out of the Customer’s fault) KIG’s liability (if any) shall be limited to the excess (if any) of the cost to the Customer (in the cheapest available market) of similar Products to replace those not delivered over the price of the Products.
- 8.11.If the Customer fails to collect the Products within the time specified in these Conditions or fails, to take delivery of the Products, or fails to give KIG adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of KIG’s fault) then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to KIG then KIG may:
- store the Products until actual delivery and charge the Customer for the reasonable costs (including handling and insurance) of storage; or
- sell the Products at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Customer for the excess over the price payable by the Customer or charge the Customer for any shortfall below the price.
- 8.12.Where any Products are supplied for export outside the United Kingdom, the Customer shall be responsible for arranging testing and inspection of the Products at KIG’s premises prior to shipment of the Products. KIG shall not be liable for any claim in respect of any defect in the Products which would be apparent on inspection and which is made after shipment or in respect of any damage during transit.
- Returns of Products and Cancellation
- 9.1.Where KIG has agreed to the return of Products (or any part thereof) KIG will issue a returns and authorisation number and send to the Customer the appropriate returns form for completion. The Customer shall return such Products (or part thereof) at its own cost and expense, at its own risk and in the same condition as supplied by KIG. Only Products pre-authorised by KIG for return will be accepted for return.
- 9.2.In the event that the Customer is at fault for the return of the Products, an administration fee and any re-stocking fee incurred by KIG will be charged to the Customer.
- 9.3.When Products are returned in accordance with this clause 9, KIG may, at its sole discretion, refund the Customer by whichever method used by the Customer for making the payment. If, in KIG’s sole opinion, the Products are damaged (in whole or in part) when returned, KIG may reject the returned Products and, in such circumstances, the Customer shall not be entitled to a refund.
- 9.4.No Contract may be cancelled by the Customer except with the agreement in writing of KIG and on terms that the Customer shall indemnify KIG in full against all reasonable losses (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by KIG as a result of such cancellation.
- 9.5.Special orders, Products that include a Specification or altered Products are not eligible for return, exchanges and/or cancellation and this shall at all times be at KIG’s sole discretion.
- Change Control Procedure
- 10.1.The Customer shall by a Change Request Form delivered to KIG have the right to request changes to a Contract. KIG may also recommend any changes to the Contract by submitting a Change Request Form to the Customer.
- 10.2.No change requested by either party shall be effective nor binding on the other unless specifically agreed to in writing by the Customer Contact and the KIG Contact within three weeks of the date of the Change Request Form, or such other period as agreed in writing between the parties.
- 10.3.Until such time as a change is made in accordance with the Change Control Procedure, the Customer and KIG shall, unless otherwise agreed in writing, continue to perform the Contract in compliance with its terms and these Conditions prior to such change.
- 10.4.A Change Request Form signed by both KIG and the Customer shall constitute an amendment to the Contract.
- 10.5.If a change requested by the Customer and agreed to by KIG results in a delay in KIG’s delivery of the Products or performance of the Services or an increase or decrease in the cost of the Services and/or Products provided to the Customer, KIG shall notify the Customer and shall be entitled to adjust the delivery schedule and/or the price of such Services and Products or both accordingly.
- 10.6.The Customer will, on requesting any changes, use the Change Request Form supplied by KIG and observe all Change Control Procedures set out in the relevant SLA (if any).
- Risk and Title
- 11.1.The risk of loss and damage to the Products shall pass to the Customer immediately on delivery unless the Products are to be collected by the Customer when the risk of loss and damage to the Products shall pass to the Customer on collection.
- 11.2.Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Products or any other provision of these conditions the title in the Products shall not pass to the Customer until KIG has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Products and all other Products agreed to be sold by KIG to the Customer for which payment is then due.
- 11.3.Until such time as the title in the Products passes to the Customer the Customer shall hold the Products as KIG’s trustee and bailee and shall keep the Products separate from those of the Customer and third parties and properly stored, protected, insured and identified as KIG’s property.
- 11.4.Until such time as the title in the Products passes to the Customer KIG shall be entitled at any time to require the Customer to deliver up the Products to KIG and if the Customer fails to do so forthwith to enter on any premises of the Customer or any third party where the Products are stored and repossess the Products.
- 11.5.The Customer shall not offer for resale or resell any Products supplied by KIG, until the price has been paid in full under the Contract.
- 11.6.The Customer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of KIG, but if the Customer does so all monies owing by the Customer to KIG shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of KIG) forthwith become due and payable.
- 11.7.KIG and the Customer intend that KIG shall transfer to the Customer only such title as KIG may have in the Products and KIG shall have no liability to the Customer in the event of the Products infringing or being alleged to infringe the rights of any third party.
- Subject to the Conditions set out below, KIG warrants the Products will correspond in all material respects with the Specification at the time of delivery and will be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship for the same period as specified by any manufacturer’s warranty (commencing from the delivery date).
- Any claim by the Customer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Products or their failure to correspond with the Specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Customer) be notified to KIG in writing within a reasonable time of discovery and in any event within 7 Business Days from the date of delivery.
- KIG shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Products arising from any of the following:
- any drawing, design or Specification supplied by the Customer;
- fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence or abnormal usage by the Customer;
- any further use of the Products by the Customer after the Customer has given notice under clause 12.2;
- failure to follow KIG’s instructions, misuse or improper installation, including failure to follow any specific preventative maintenance schedule provided by KIG;
- any changes made to the products to ensure that they comply with applicable statutory and regulatory standards; or
- alteration or repair of the Products without KIG’s written consent.
- KIG shall be under no liability to the Customer under this clause 12 if the total price of the Contract has not been paid by the due date for payment.
- The Customer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee on Products as is given by the manufacturer to KIG. KIG will use reasonable endeavours to assign to the Customer on written request any such warranty.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Products which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Products, or their failure to meet the Specification is notified to KIG in accordance with these Conditions, KIG shall, at KIG’s sole discretion, repair or replace the defective Products, or refund the price of the Products (or proportionate part of the price).
- Except as provided in this clause 12, KIG shall have no liability to the Customer in respect of the Products’ failure to comply with the warranty in clause 12.1.
- KIG warrants that the Services will be provided with reasonable skill and care provided that KIG shall not accept any liability for damage sustained by the Customer for any failure to perform the Services by reason of:
- the Customer’s failure to keep KIG adequately informed of all matters relevant to the performance of the Services;
- interference by the Customer, its employees, subcontractors or any third party with the proper performance of the Services; or
- the Customer’s failure to meet its obligations provided in the Contract.
- 12.3.The Customer will give notice to KIG as soon as it is reasonably able on becoming aware of a breach of clause 12.8.
- 12.4.KIG shall use reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates for the Services specified in the Contract but any such dates shall be estimates only and time shall not be of the essence of the performance of the Services.
- 12.5.Any and all changes, improvements, revision or updates to the products as a result of the Services provided under the Contract shall remain subject to the Product manufacturer’s licence agreement.
- 12.6.Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Conditions, any Services are provided “as is,” “where is,” and “as available”. The Customer acknowledges that KIG has not and does not warrant or guarantee the performance of the Services or any aspect or portion thereof including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, title and non-infringement relating to anything provided or used under the Contract for the provision of Services, and that any equipment, material, goods or other tangible or intangible asset that is conveyed, sold, or otherwise provided to Customer in any manner, or as to any other matter, all of which warranties are hereby expressly excluded and disclaimed and Customer agrees that nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as any such warranty or guarantee. Without limiting the foregoing, KIG makes no warranties, representations or endorsements, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding any merchandise, information, products or services provided through the internet or any other network. Furthermore, KIG hereby disclaims that any equipment, Products or Services provided under a Contract will be uninterrupted or error free or that certain results may be obtained by anyone in connection with their use. Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions all conditions, warranties, terms and undertakings expressed or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability
- 13.1.Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude KIG’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession);
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- 13.2.Subject to clause 13.1 above KIG shall not be liable to the Customer in respect of any of the following:
- loss of profits;
- loss of goodwill; or
- any type of special, indirect or consequential loss (including loss or damage suffered by the Customer as a result of any action brought by a third party),even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or KIG had been advised of the possibility of the Customer incurring the same.
- 13.3.Subject to the provisions of clause 13.1 and 13.2 above, KIG’s entire liability in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, shall be limited to an amount equal to £1,000,000.
- 13.4.If a number of incidents give rise substantially to the same loss then they shall be regarded as giving rise to only one claim under any Contract.
- 13.5.Nothing in this clause 13 shall confer any right or remedy on the Customer to which it would not otherwise be legally entitled.
- 14. Non-Solicitation
- 14.1.Each party agrees that throughout the term of the Contract and for a period of 3 months thereafter whether by itself, its officers, employees, agents or otherwise it shall not howsoever directly or indirectly actively:
- entice or solicit away from the other party any person who was during that period an employee, sub-contractor or agent of the other party with whom it has had material dealings throughout the term of the contract; or
- offer alternative employment or otherwise engage any employee, sub-contractor or agent of the other party with whom the first party has had material dealings throughout the term of the Contract.
- 14.2.If such an offer is made by the Customer to an employee, sub-contractor or agent of KIG and an engagement results, then the Customer shall pay a one-off recruitment fee of 20% of the individual’s basic annual salary to KIG, or in the case of a temporary engagement 25% of the contract fees payable to the individual. Such fee is intended to enable KIG to recruit a replacement for this individual and as such KIG reserves the right to amend the fees if appropriate and will provide documentary evidence to backup said fee amendment.
- 15. Intellectual Property Rights
- 15.1.KIG is the owner of all Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or in connection with the Products or vested in any Solutions, information, drawings, specifications, documentation, proposals, designs, software listings, codes or other media generated by it during the course of the provision of Services or supply of Products or prior to the supply of such Services or Products.
- 15.2.To the extent that the Products are to be manufactured or any process is to be applied to the Products by KIG in accordance with a Specification of the Customer or in accordance with instructions submitted by the Customer, the Customer shall indemnify KIG against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by KIG in connection with any claim made against KIG for actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or in connection with KIG’s use of the Specification or carrying out of such instructions.
- 15.3.This clause 15 shall survive termination of the Contract.
- 16. Confidentiality
- 16.1.During the term of the Contract and for a period of 2 years following termination of the Contract, a party () shall keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, inventions, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed to the receiving party by the other party (), its employees, agents or subcontractors, and any other confidential information concerning the disclosing party’s business, its products and services which the receiving party may obtain.
- 16.2.Without prejudice to clause 16.1, the receiving party shall only disclose such confidential information to those of its employees, agents and subcontractors who need to know it for the purpose of discharging the receiving party’s obligations under the Contract, and shall ensure that such employees, agents and subcontractors comply with the obligations set out in this clause as though they were a party to the Contract. The receiving party may also disclose such of the disclosing party’s confidential information as is required to be disclosed by law, any governmental or regulatory authority or by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- 17. Force Majeure
- 17.1.If KIG is delayed or prevented from performing its obligations under this Contract as a result of a Force Majeure Event, it shall promptly notify the Customer of the nature and extent of the event.
- 17.2.Notwithstanding any other provision in these Conditions, KIG shall not be in breach of the Contract or liable to the Customer for any delay in performance or the non-performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement to the extent that the delay or non performance is due to any Force Majeure Event of which it has notified the other party and the time for performance of that obligation shall be extended accordingly.
- 17.3.If the Force Majeure Event prevents KIG from providing any of the Products and/or Services for more than eight (8) weeks, KIG shall, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate this Contract immediately by giving written notice to the Customer.
- 18. Termination
- 18.1.Either party may terminate the Contract by giving the other party not less than ninety (90) days’ written notice.
- 18.2.Without limiting its other rights or remedies, KIG may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Customer if:
- the Customer commits a material breach of its obligations under this Contract and (if such breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 30 days of receipt of notice in writing to do so;
- the Customer fails to pay any amount due under this Contract on the due date for payment;
- the Customer makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) becomes subject to an administration order or goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction); or
- an encumbrancer takes possession of or a receiver is appointed in respect of any of the property or assets of the Customer; or
- the Customer ceases or threatens to cease to carry on business; or
- KIG reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Customer and notifies the Customer accordingly.
- 18.3.If KIG exercises its rights under clause 18.2 then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to KIG it shall be entitled to cancel the supply of Services and Products and suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Customer and if the Products have been delivered or Services supplied but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary and KIG shall be entitled to exercise its rights under clause 11.4 hereof.
- 18.4.On termination of a Contract for any reason:
- the Customer shall immediately pay to KIG all of KIG’s outstanding unpaid invoices and interest and, in respect of Services supplied but for which no invoice has yet been submitted, KIG shall submit an invoice, which shall be payable by the Customer immediately on receipt;
- the Customer shall return all of KIG’s Products which have not been fully paid for. If the Customer fails to do so, then KIG may enter the Customer’s premises and take possession of them. Until they have been returned, the Customer shall be solely responsible for their safe keeping and will not use them for any purpose not connected with this Contract.
- 18.5.Termination of the Contract shall not affect any of the parties’ rights and remedies that have accrued as at termination, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of a Contract that existed at or before the date of termination.
- 18.6.Any provision of the Contract that expressly or by implication is intended to come into or continue in force on or after termination shall remain in full force and effect.
- 19. General
- 19.1.Data Protection
- Each party shall at all times comply with all Data Protection Laws and shall not knowingly perform its obligations under this Contract in such a way as to cause the other party to breach any of its applicable obligations under Data Protection Laws. This clause 19.1 is in addition to, and does not relieve, remove or replace, a party’s obligations under the Data Protection Laws.
- The Parties acknowledge that for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, the Customer is the data controller and KIG is the data processor. Schedule 6 sets out the scope, nature and purpose of processing by KIG, the duration of the processing and the types of personal data and categories of data subject.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 19.1.1, the Customer will ensure that it has all necessary and appropriate consents and notices in place to enable lawful transfer of the personal data to KIG for the duration and purposes of this Contract and shall indemnify KIG against any and all losses resulting from a failure of the Customer to comply with its obligation under this clause 19.1.3.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 19.1.1, KIG shall, in relation to any personal data processed in connection with the performance by KIG of its obligations under this Agreement:
(a) process that personal data only on the written instructions of the Customer unless KIG is required by the laws of any member of the European Union or by the laws of the European Union applicable to KIG to process personal data (“Applicable EU Laws”). Where KIG is relying on laws of a member of the European Union or European Union law as the basis for processing personal data, KIG shall promptly notify the Customer of this before performing the processing required by the Applicable EU Laws unless those Applicable EU Laws prohibit KIG from so notifying the Customer;
(b) ensure that it has in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, reviewed and approved by the Customer, to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data, appropriate to the harm that might result from the unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected, having regard to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures (those measures may include, where appropriate, pseudonymising and encrypting personal data, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of its systems and services, ensuring that availability of and access to personal data can be restored in a timely manner after an incident, and regularly assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the technical and organisational measures adopted by it);
(c) ensure that all personnel who have access to and/or process personal data are obliged to keep the personal data confidential; and
(d) assist the Customer, at the Customer’s cost, in responding to any request from a data subject and in ensuring compliance with its obligations under the Data Protection Laws with respect to security, breach notifications, impact assessments and consultations with supervisory authorities or regulators;
(e) notify the Customer without undue delay on becoming aware of a personal data breach;
(f) at the written direction of the Customer, delete or return personal data and copies thereof to the Customer on termination of the Agreement unless required by Applicable EU Law to store the personal data; and
(g) maintain complete and accurate records and information to demonstrate its compliance with this clause 19.1 and allow for audits by the Customer or the Customer’s designated auditor.
- The Customer shall indemnify KIG against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by KIG arising out of or in connection with the Customer’s breach of any provisions of this clause 19.1 (including, without limitation, a breach of the provisions of clause 19.1.3).
- The Customer understands and acknowledges that KIG shall in no event be responsible (or be held responsible) for any Customer’s compliance with the Data Protection Legislation including but not limited to the Customer systems and/or IT procedures’ compliance with such Data Protection Legislation.
- KIG may, at any time on not less than 30 days’ notice, revise this clause 19.1 by replacing it with any applicable controller to processor standard clauses or similar terms forming part of an applicable certification scheme (which shall apply when replaced by attachment to this Agreement).
- The Customer consents to KIG appointing third-party processors of personal data under this Contract, provided that KIG notifies the Customer in writing of the identity of any such third-party processors prior to their appointment and provided that KIG informs the Customer of any intended changes concerning the addition or replacement of any such third-party processors to enable the Customer to object to any such changes. As between the Customer and KIG, KIG shall remain fully liable for all acts or omissions of any third-party processor appointed by it pursuant to this clause 19.1.4.
- 19.2.Any notice hereunder shall be deemed to have been given if sent by prepaid first class registered post or facsimile to the party concerned at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may have been notified pursuant to these Conditions to the party giving notice. Notices sent by first class registered post shall be deemed to have been given 2 Business Days after dispatch and notices sent by facsimile shall be deemed to have been given on the Business Day after transmission.
- 19.3.A waiver of any right under the Contract or law is only effective if it is in writing. No waiver by either party of any breach of any Contract entered into hereunder shall be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- 19.4.Nothing in the Contract is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between any of the parties, nor constitute either party the agent of another party for any purpose. Neither party shall have authority to act as agent for, or to bind, the other party in any way.
- 19.5.If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- 19.6.Neither party will be entitled to assign, sub-let, or sub-let the benefit and or burden of this Contract without the prior written consent of the other party (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed).
- 19.7.A person who is not a party to the Contract shall not have any rights to enforce its terms.
- 19.8.Where the Products are supplied for export from the United Kingdom, the Customer shall be responsible for complying with any legislation or regulations governing the importation of the Products into the country of destination and for the payment of any duties or taxes thereon.
- 19.9.These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by the laws of England.
- 19.10.Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).